Lunes, Hulyo 22, 2013

Teaching Basic Photography in Berkeley School

I was going home from office when Tito Bong, my tito and a good friend, called me to say hello and ask how I was since we have not taken photos for a while and I'm very busy setting up my office. I said I was fine and busy with the office. Then he asked my help to teach the pupils of Berkeley School since he is going down to Agoo. From that moment, I answered quickly with a "Yes, Tito!" with no hesitation. I was so excited meet and teach these young minds who also love photography.

Going to Berkeley School, I fetch Hannah first (Tito Bong's daughter), who is also joining the Workshop. Then going to Berkeley, I met Mam Lovel and Amphie which were both teachers and also the coordinators for this workshop. They were very accommodation and easy to talk with that I encountered no problems during the workshop. 

Starting my workshop, I asked the kids from grade school to high school "what is photography to them?" And most of them answered "TO HAVE FUN!" I am so happy hearing that answer since that is also one of the main reason why I started this field. From there, I've taught them small thing about technical stuff which somehow made them bored but when they saw the composition discussion, it made them alive and very excited to shoot looking at those photos i have taken from the past. After the discussion, I asked the kids to take photos outside and apply what they have learned from the workshop. They were very excited and eager to show me their photos after they shoot one location. Looking at the photos they have taken made me happy because it shows that they are listening to my workshop.

I am very thankful to Tito Bong for making this possible from the start. Mam Lovel and Mam Amphie for their warm welcome. Thank you Berkeley School for the gifts that I was not expecting :).  Thank you so much :) and God bless

Walang komento: